Our Mission is to empower people to thrive with dignity, not just survive, through training, education, food, clothing, shelter, medical care and spiritual investment.
24 years ago the Antelope Valley Christian Ministerial Association (AVCMA) saw the need for a unique and powerful ministry. Being impressed of God to serve the people of their community, several pastors of the AVCMA gathered together as a steering committee to seek God’s guidance in developing a Christian resource center for the needy of the Antelope Valley, including but not limited to, a food distribution center. Steve Baker was hired as the Executive Director of this ministry and with fifteen volunteers to help him Grace Resource Center began to feed hungry people. Today we have over 30 paid staff members and over 400 volunteers serving those in poverty, near poverty, and the working poor.
The general purpose includes:
- The main purpose of this organization is to demonstrate the love of Jesus to the poor and needy in a tangible way by providing food and other resources.
- This will be a Christian ministry devoted to the spiritual as well as physical needs of the poor and needy with the salvation message given at every opportunity. However, the distribution of resources will not be subject to a required presentation of the Gospel.
- The organization will provide opportunity for hands-on ministry involvement of individuals and groups from churches of the area.
- This organization will be known as a Christian ministry of the combined efforts of several churches.
- The scope of the services will include all of the Antelope Valley area.
- This organization will be called GRACE RESOURCES.
- This organization will be governed by officers and directors initially elected by the Steering Committee.
- The officers and directors will be professing Christians who regularly attend a local Bible-believing Church.
- Funding resources for the organization will include churches, individuals, and businesses.
- This organization is not now, nor ever will be, a church.
Our vision is to eliminate hunger and poverty in the Antelope Valley, sharing the love of Christ in a tangible way by the giving of services.